Welcome to the LARIA in Scotland group. If you are already a LARIA member and wish to join the Scotland group please visit our member area and ensure you have registered an interest. You can find out more about joining – this includes our free Associate member level where you can sign up to our updates.
LARIA in Scotland was established in 1993 to develop and deliver a programme of activities which promote the further development and understanding of local government R&I in Scotland and to represent the interests of LARIA’s Scottish members. It aims to:
- Maintain and develop a network of practitioners throughout Scotland
- Share knowledge and expertise among practitioners
- Promote good practice in R&I activity
- Raise the profile of information research throughout Scotland
- Establish links with appropriate organisations
- Promote the use of all forms of technology that will support these objectives
- Organise the Scottish conference and seminars and workshops appropriate to these objectives
LARIA in Scotland, chaired by Erin Murray, regularly hosts Listens events (LARIA in Scotland Training, Events + Networks Sessions). A group, listed below, help to organise these events which occur 2 or 3 times a year.
All local LARIA groups rely on the goodwill of members to arrange free venues, come up with ideas for speakers and to provide articles for this website. We hope you are able to become an active member of the group.is currently looked for a new chair. If you would like to be involved check out how you can help support a local group.