Using segmentation to understand areas most likely to be affected by the cost-of-Living crisis
This session will describe how Manchester City Council used Experian’s MOSAIC segmentation tool at household level to understand which areas of the city were likely to be most affected by the Cost-of-Living crisis and target interventions across a wide spectrum of services. It will also show how the approach taken at area level was applied to GP registered population data in order to help target the allocation of additional NHS funding for alleviating winter pressures to GP practices.
Paul Holme, (Head of Performance, Research and Intelligence, Manchester City Council); Kasia Noone, (Performance and Insight Manager, Manchester City Council); Sandra Aguilera (Performance and Insight Manager, Manchester City Council); and Neil Bendel (Public Health Specialist (Health Intelligence), Manchester City Council)
Creating an interactive cost of living dashboard for Suffolk
In April 2022, as the impact of increases in the Cost of Living really came to the forefront, Public Health & Communities, Suffolk County Council published a Cost of Living profile as part of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.
Alongside a written Cost of Living report ‘Making ends meet: The cost of living in Suffolk’, an interactive dashboard was also created using Power BI.
The dashboard was developed in order to:
- Provide up to date data and information on the Cost of Living for Suffolk County Council, partner organisations, and members of the public.
- Deliver an interactive tool to allow users to focus on areas most relevant to them.
- Demonstrate that, while increases in the cost of living affect everyone, impact will be greatest for those who are already under financial pressure, exacerbating inequalities.
- Provide a source of actionable insight to support the system with data and the evidence base needed support project development, drive change and really make a difference in the community.
This session will:
- Provide a demonstration of Suffolk County Council’s Cost of Living dashboard
- Give an overview of data sources
- Explore opportunities for automation using Power BI
- Discuss how the data dashboard is used locally
Rebecca Allen, Head of Public Health & Communities Analytics, Suffolk County Council
Webinars are available to Full Individual Members, Corporate Members, Full Corporate Members and Additional Contact members only. If you are not currently a member, please sign up to membership to access the webinars. For more details on the benefits of membership, please see here.
Sign in to register: