What is the Alliance for Useful Evidence?
We are an open and free to join network of over 3000+ individuals from across government, universities, charities, businesses, and local authorities in the UK and internationally committed to stimulating the use and demand of evidence in social policy and practice. We are funded by the Big Lottery Fund, Economic and Social Research Council and Nesta.
How are we doing it?
We champion and promote the use of evidence in social policy and practice through advocacy, publishing research, convening events and supporting individuals and organisations through advice and training.
What does being part of the Alliance for Useful Evidence network offer?
As part of our diverse and cross-sector network, we offer you:
- A regular newsletter sharing our latest news, views and recommendations.
- A shared space for a diverse network of organisations and individuals with opportunities to connect and collaborate.
- Priority notice of our events, conferences, publications, and networking socials.
- The opportunity to be part of the UK Evidence Map – an online directory of organisations – including useful resources for evidence ‘enthusiasts’ everywhere.
- Opportunities for professional development, enhancing capability and skills across organisations in the public and social sectors, via our Evidence Masterclasses.
- Opportunities to apply to become a Strategic Partner or Evidence Champion, supporting organisations and individuals to amplify evidence use.